CRADLE FEED LINES
55 Years of Experience.
COLT Cradle Feed Lines Are Available In A Variety Of Configurations
Shown below is a 24” wide x 30,000 lb Heavy Blanking Feed Line consisting of: Coil Storage Buggy for Coil Staging, Cradle with Hydraulic Hold Down for threading, Dekinker, and a Threading Table into a 9 roll Feeder/Straightener Combination.
COLT Cradle Feed Lines
- Built To Get The Job Done.
These Combination Cradle/Straightener units provide for ease in loading. With the optional coil storage rack installed, there is practically no downtime waiting for Coil changeover, maintaining high productivity. Standard features include self-centering, adjustable side plates. Cradle rolls and straightener rolls are synchronized. COLT’s Cradle Feed Lines are best suited for heavier gauge material and used to handle stock thicker than 0.070″.
No Space – No Problem! COLT has a CSSU for the job.
• Advanced Controls with visual HMI display
• Manual or fully automated features with recipe options
• Only 20ft / 6100mm to 25ft / 7620mm required
• Full Hydraulic Piloting
• Available with most roll configurations 7,9
• Counter Balanced Entry & Exit Pinch Rolls
• Laser Loop Control to Synchronize Line Speed
• Aviation Quality Gears with hardened teeth
• 1or 2 coil storage for staging
• Heavy-duty, hardened wear rollers with anti-friction tapered roll bearings on side plates
• Straightener & Cradle Rolls Driven & Synchronized Hydraulically operated swivel base for camber control
COLT Automation can provide many optional features to fully automate the entire feed process.
Cradle Feed Line Examples
Medium-Duty Cradle Straightener, Loop to Feeder
20,000lbs x 24inch COLT heavy-duty cradle straightener combination with additional coil storage ramp
10,000lbs x 24 inch COLT medium-duty cradle straightener combination with hold down arm for threading
Heavy-Duty Cradle Feeder/Straightener With Extended Travel Coil Storage Ramp
Cradle space saver 40,000lbs x 60inch, with extended travel coil buggy. 8” feed rolls, 6” straightener rolls total space required: 23ft. Coil feed from bottom of coil