SPACE SAVER FEED LINES
FULL FEED LINE PERFORMANCE – ONLY 20ft
COLT Space Saver Feed Lines (CSSU)
COLT first introduced Space Savers in the 1980’s and the evolution has continued. Colt Space Savers offer the flexibility and big performance of a conventional feed line but with a smaller footprint.
DUAL MODE TORQUE DRIVE UNCOILER TECHNOLOGY – AN INDUSTRY FIRST:
COIL RETAINING ARMS | HOLD DOWN ARM WITH POWERED END WHEEL | FULL BACK LOOP ASSEMBLY | TAIL CONTROL | HIGH REACH COIL CAR WITH POWERED NEST ROLLS | HANDS-FREE THREADING.
THINNER COIL MATERIAL >.100”
Advanced and synchronized controls allow thinner material to feed directly into the 7,9,11 or 13 Roll AHSS Feeder/Straightener. The torque drive Uncoiler assists to pay off while still maintaining tension.
THICKER COIL MATERIAL <.100”
Thicker, heavier coil stock over .100” is precisely controlled into a full width Pinch Roll Assembly under manged tension to fill laser monitored back loop assembly synchronized to the throughput speed of the Feeder/Straightener.
Equipped with Extendable Peeler Blade and Full Alligator/Dekinker Threading Assembly. Featuring Aviation grade Straightener, Pinch Rolls and gears with Multiple Back-Up Roll options for AHSS to 1200Mpa, piloting to press Speeds, and tail-out mode, best in class performance.
Latest release open platform, advanced programming PLC’s & HMI, Servo Drive Technology provide fully automated & recipe options for all functions.
COLT Automation is a pioneer in space saver coil feed line design, offering a variety of different styles for heavier gauge, light gauge, mild steel, or AHSS. The introduction of the powered Torque Drive Uncoiler (2012) allows fully synchronized fixability to feed directly into the Feeder/Straightener of the back loop.
COLT AUTOMATION SPACE SAVER FEED LINES:
• Use up to 50% less space
• One operator can thread a new 30,000 lb coil in under 4 minutes
• Hydraulically operated cradle side plates provide ease of
set-up and coil centering
• A closed loop servo system offers precise feed lengths, less
downtime and more productivity
Coil Feed Lines With Advanced Controls And Space Saving Designs.
No Space – No problem! COLT has a CSSU for the Job.
• Advanced controls with visual HMI display
• Manual or fully-automated features with recipe options
• Only 20ft / 6100mm to 25ft / 7620mm required
• Full hydraulic piloting
• Counterbalanced entry & exit pinch rolls
• Torque Drive for ultimate flexibility
• Lighter Gauge material powers off top of coil, directly into Feeder/Straightener
• Heavier material threads via pinch rolls into back loop
• Optional Straightener roll configurations 5,6,7,8,9,11
• Microfeed Adjustment on the fly
• Laser loop sensor synchronizes throughput speed
Space Saver Coil Feed Line Examples
Medium-Duty Back Loop Feed Line Into Feeder/Straightener